Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Sewing for the boy.

I managed to sew a shirt for my son this weekend. It was refashioned from a t-shirt that I didn't love anymore and decided to give it a new life.
I used the Varsity Cowl pullover pattern from  Peek-a Boo pattern shop


It came together very quickly since I used the existing hem from my shirt. My knit sewing skills are still not very good but he loves it and that's what matters. :-).
I cut the 3T size and it was a bit shorter than I prefer, so I made notes to lengthen the pattern for next time.
This is the best photo I could get for two reasons, 3 year olds are wriggly and I don't have a camera so all my photos are taken with my phone :-).
I am currently sewing the Colette Taffy blouse.

2 comments:

  1. That is such a nice shirt! I love the way you refashioned it. And considering you're photographing a 3 year old, I think your photo is outstanding. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shirt looks great. You did a wonderful job on it.
    hugs
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete