Monday, October 22, 2012

Birthday card and dress

Good morning,
This weekend I made a couple of birthday gifts for a dear friends daughter. A peasant top using this free pattern and tutorial and a birthday card.
I meant to make a dress to fit a 3 year old but it turned out kind of small so it will be a top.
Here is the birthday card.
 I used some foam cutouts and googly eyes to make a smiley face.  I also used my new Carla craft corner rounder punch bought a couple of weeks ago. Love it!

The stamps are from Creative Memories birthday wishes set.
In other sewing news, I made myself a top, the Alma blouse from Sewaholic. I used some blue polka-dot fabric I had lying around for my first try (muslin). I messed on the sleeves so this one is sleeveless, but for my next try I will do better.

 Action shot coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. I really like your polka dot Alma blouse! The color is fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete