Thursday, July 5, 2012

Still here.

I haven't totally dropped off the face of the earth although seeing I haven't updated this blog since January,  I might as well have.
I lost my mojo then life got in the way so I haven't had much time to make cards as I did before and any crafting time of late is dedicated my other hobbies.
Anyhow, I made a quick card for a friend  and I thought I should share it here.
 I needed some inspiration for the card so I used the sketch provided by the clean&simple stamping blog challenge no 197.

The very interesting thing about my card is that a lot of the materials are recycled. See that ribbed cardboard? It had wrapped a bouquet of flowers from last Valentine and the flowers are handmade from a Valentine's card envelope. The twine had wrapped a gift I received last year from a giveaway win. That's why  I never throw anything away!
Thanks for reading and I promise not to be a stranger.

13 comments:

  1. Great way to recycle .i love recycling and mostly use such things in my cards .
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there! Thank you so much for following my blog and sharing my blog candy! I LOVE your work - the quilling is absolutely beautiful! Using cardboard as your background is such a great contrast to the colorful flowers! I am following you back, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, Njeri! I love the corrugated cardstock banner. Thanks so much for stopping by during the Lil' Inker Designs July Release Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you are back! you made a darling card for your friend. best way to keep that mojo alive is to keep at it! wishing you all the best. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful Card and I love that it is mostly recycled - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card!
    P.S. We have a candy over at Card Mania Challenges, if you're interested...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This card is so special, you combined the elements very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cheryl (Shestamps)August 20, 2012 at 4:29 AM

    Beautiful card! I love the texture.


    --Cheryl--

    ReplyDelete
  9. SimplyelegantpapercraftsAugust 22, 2012 at 2:56 PM

    Very cool card. Genius take on the sketch and the corrugated paper is perfect with the flower pot and buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so cute. So much creativity.

    Thank you for entering my blog candy. Good luck! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your card is like a piece of art work!! It's full of textures and delightful details! So glad that you stopped by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very nice. Love the different elements. They came together nicely. PS. Yes life does get in the way of crafting sometimes.. LOL! I am sure all crafters understand that. Thank you for sharing my Birthday giveaway on your blog. Hope to see you around the blogging community more when life slows down. Thanks for sharing your card.

    ReplyDelete