Tuesday, January 3, 2012

New year's cards.

Happy new year to you! If for nothing else, its great to be alive today. I want to share with you some cards I made over the last week.My husband owns a business and he requested me to make some cards for 3 of his best clients. I said yes of course!
 Here are all the cards together.
I must say I am really proud of the card below. This was my first time to try husking and am happy with how it turned out for the orange flower. The yellow flower was made with a new oval scallop punch I bought myself for christmas :-)



Up close:

The stems are glued down to the paper with very strong glue so they won't bend. (tutorial anyone interested?) I will share the rest of the cards and how I made them over the next few days.
It's been a while since I participated in any challenges so I would like to submit my card to the following blogs:
Creative Stamp Friends- New year's cards,
Kaboodle Doodles blog- Celebrations,
Cute Card Thursday-Happy New year,
C.R.A.F.T challenge- New Year,
Paper Sundaes- Something new ( punch) something old ( quilling papers),
Sentimental Sunday's- anything goes.
Crafty boots Challenges- Celebrations,
All sorts challenges- New beginnings,
Little red wagon- Something new,
Frosted designs- something new,
Sweet stamping challenge-New beginnings

DYSU- Rainbow of colors
Hiding in my craft room- Freestyle.

24 comments:

  1. Lovely card !! Happy New year to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Suganthi. Your comment means a lot to me knowing how much I admire your quilling designs.
    I wish you an auspicious new year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. your cards are absolutely beautiful! i'm happy to have found your lovely blog. happy new year. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Michele for your kind comment and for following my blog. Do come back.
    Happy new year too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How beautiful --it is always wonderful to see quilling!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Sonia! Quilling is always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. beautiful your little punched flower looks very sweet amongst the quilling thanks so much for joining us at paper sundaes this week
    hugs sara x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely cards! Thank you for playing along at Sweet Stampin'; however to be entered for the prize draw you need to have something stamped on your card. Could you let me know if your sentiment is stamped so that I can include you in draw? Happy New Year! Tracey

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous New Year's cards!
    Many thanks for joining in the Cute Card Thursday Challenge this week, hope to see you lots more in 2012!
    Happy New Year, Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful!! I love quilling and you did an amazing job with these flowers! Thanks for playing along with us this week @ Frosted Designs!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi,hun!Your cards look fantastic,i love this technique so much,it's so effective!
    I am so sorry but the rules of Hanna and Friends require that you have a cute living creature in your card so I am afraid you can't take part with these beautiful cards!You still have time to make another one and enter it!
    Hugs
    Dodici

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely quilling, good luck with the challenges!!!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  13. great card,thanks for entering this week over at c.r.a.f.t challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just gorgeous...I haven't tried Quilling for years...although I saw the paper strips the other day during some cleaning and I didn't throw them away!! I also make cards for my husband's clientiele....maybe I should try quilling...your's is just beautiful!!!! Thanks for joining us at Frosted Designs!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous card. Thanks for joining us at Do You Stack Up.

    -Wenche

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely work - all three cards are great. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT challenge this week. Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fab cards, I have so much admiration for anyone who does quilling. Thanks for playing along with us at Crafty Boots Challenge.

    I should like to take this opportunity to wish you and your family a happy New Year.

    Dionne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my word, these are AMAZING! I'll totally follow you and come back for your tutorial! Found you via DYSU--so glad! :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These cards and gorgeous!! Thanks for playing along with us at Kaboodle Doodles this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, such beautiful flower design. A tutorial would be great! Thanks for joining the Sentimental Sundays Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  21. WOW, these are GORGEOUS! Your husking is FABULOUS and the flowers turned out beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us, this week, at DYSU!

    Wishing you ALL the BEST in 2012!
    Naomi
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful cards, and I love the quilling. Thank you for taking the time to join in with this week's Sweet Stampin' challenge.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a pretty card ;o)
    Thank you for playing at Sweet Stampin' this week ..

    Hugs, Janneke

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fantastic cards, I love the quilling! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Sentimental Sundays!

    ReplyDelete