Thursday, January 12, 2012

Glitter paper.

A while ago while shopping for paper to make wedding cards for a friend's wedding, I came across glitter paper (I know, where have I been?). You know, paper with glitter in it. How nifty is that? Don't get me wrong, I love using the powder glitter but absolutely hate the mess it can cause especially when crafting with a 2 year old hyper-active, super - curious boy who loves to hang around mama when she is making cards. And, I have had the unfortunate experience of cleaning glitter from the carpet, not fun!
I bought only a few sheets of the paper, now I wish I had bought more :-( .
It's really sparkly and I used it to add some shimmer to an otherwise plain card.
Enjoy and please tell me what you think about my card. Have you used glitter paper before?
Links:
Whimsy Stamps challenges- happy birthday, Scrap creations- Glitter, Shopping our stash weekly- all that glitters, sparkles or shines, The crafters cafe- Happy birthday, C.R.A.F.T Challenge- Celebrations, Birthday sundaes challenge- Happy birthday,

13 comments:

  1. Pretty card Njeri - the glitter paper makes it!
    Hugs
    Eiglas
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. glitter ribbon makes the quilling stand out, awesome!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so sweet. the quilling is fabulous. I have not tried it and it looks so good. Thanks for joining us this week at CCCB. Good luck and hope to see you back next week.
    Hugz,
    Christine DT at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card. I love the quilled flower. Thanks for playing at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, LOOOOVE this! Maybe because I have hoarded every color glitter paper available, and maybe because I want to start quilling again and I am totally going to CASE this card!!!! Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great project, thank you for joining us at CRAFT Challenge this week and good luck! Don't forget to check back with us again on Thursday for our new challenge and to check if you have won or made our Top3. Happy New Year!

    Jo and Tigerlover.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful project! Thanks for joining us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge. Hugs, Julia - DT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great CAS card, Thanks for playing with us at CCCB for our Birthday Challenge.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card! Thanks for playing along at Whimsy Inspires and good luck! Ani

    ReplyDelete
  10. terrific card! love how you wove the glitter paper into the design. thanks for joining us at SOS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great quilling, love your ribbon treatment. Thanks for joining us at TCC.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Girl, what a beautiful card you made! I love it!
    Thanks for sharing it and playing along at CRAFT Challenge this week.
    Best wishes and a big hug from Austria, Elisa (GDT Jan.)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is beautiful & so creative! Thank you for following my blog, I'm now following you via RSS. Love all your quilling! Best, CG

    ReplyDelete