Monday, November 21, 2011

Carrot-Cinnamon cake

I hope you had a fantastic weekend.
I have been wanting to make carrot cake ever since I saw this recipe from Dana's blog. I love that the recipe calls for cinnamon and I am a lover of all things cinnamon ( cinnamon scented candles, cinnamon flavored gum, cinnamon flavored lip balm etc).
These are the ingredients I used.
3 large carrots
1/2 cup Vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups regular sugar
3 eggs
2 tsp vanilla essence
2 cups flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
5 tablespoons cinnamon
2 tsp ginger
1 cup milk and 2 tsp fresh lemon juice.
Check for the baking instructions here.  The cake was a hit and everyone asked for more.


Another thing I loved about the recipe is that there is no creaming of butter and sugar  which is usually the first step in most cake recipes and which I am so poor at.
Enjoy your week and hope you get a chance to try out the recipe.

2 comments:

  1. Gawsh Njeri you are Godsent ..am going through your blog ....i need to savour each post slowly thanks for your great suggestion!
    Love

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely gonna try this one...

    ReplyDelete