Thursday, March 3, 2011

Don't be crabby,

 I have been reading about Paper Piecing and I began looking for a simple project that I can tackle.Then I found this cute little fella (google cartoon crabs).
I printed out the image and traced it on some red card stock. Although the little parts were hard to cut by hand I would say this is something I will do again. I also added a bit of quilling since he looked so lost on the sea of white paper.
So don't be crabby, you will get well soon.
Somehow I kept of thinking of Sebastian from THE LITTLE MERMAID ( I really loved the cartoon series waaaaaaaaaaaay back when- early 90's).
Sebastian, Oh how I loved your singing.
I will take my fun card to these challenges:
Freshly brewed Blog- pink and paper piecing.
ABC challenge- P is for Pink.
Belli Challenge- Animals.
Crafts and me- under the sea.
Dream valley- anything goes.
Marks finest Papers- Food ( crabs are food right? To some people though, I would not touch them with a 6 foot pole alive or dead! I hate anything that looks spiderish.)
The stamp man- curls and swirls.
Totally paper crafts- paper piecing.
Critter sketch- sentiment
Meljen's design blog- use an animal.

Thanks for visiting.

20 comments:

  1. how cute.....thanks for joining Speedy's Friends this week

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! Thanks for joining us at The ABC Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a cool unique card (yeah i liked the little mermaid too when i was a kid (still do lol) thank you for joining us at dream valley challenges x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, love it and the quilling is such a nice touch. Thank you for playing along with us at Fresh Brewed Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so very cute...especially for your first time paper piecing! The trick I do when paper piecing...I would have printed your image out twice...once on red cardstock and once on white (for the eyes). It will make it easier for you...Not as many small pieces to cut out...Thank you for playing with us at the Critter Sketch Challenge this week! Hope to see you back again soon!
    Hugs,
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  6. So cute!!!
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job on your paper piecing. Thanks for playing along with Speedy's Friends!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely card. Thanks for joining our animal-challenge at Meljen's Design Team & Challenge Blog!

    Greetings,
    Katja (MJ-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute i love it.Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
    (hugs)
    Trish (-:

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww such a cute card.Thanx for joining us at Crafts and Me.
    (hugs)
    Trish 9-:

    ReplyDelete
  11. what a cute crab! he makes me happy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. So cute and the quilling looks great! Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is darling- I loved that movie! I also really like the quilling- such a nice accent! Thanks for joining in the Belli Animal challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  14. He's so cute even if he is a lil crabby.....I think of Sebastien too. Great job with the quilling. Thank You for sharing your creation with us at MelJen's Dsigns this week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great job! Thank you for joining our animal-challenge at Meljen's Design last week... hope you will join us again this week ! Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is SO CUTE!!! I love the quilling!

    Thanks for playing along at the Fresh Brewed Designs Month long prize challenge for March. Good Luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an adorable little crab and your paper quilling looks awesome!!! Thanks for playing in the Belli challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. A cute card & image.
    Thank you for joining us girlies over at Crafts & Me, good luck.

    Hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute card and love the quilling detail. Thank You for playing my ‘Under the Sea’ Challenge at Crafts & Me and Curls and swirls at The Stampman!

    ReplyDelete