Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Baby boy card.

One of my good friends recently got a baby boy and I am planning to visit her this weekend. I whipped up a baby boy card. I have never done a card for a boy before since I usually use lots of flowers, twirls, and girly colors but I loved the challenge and I must say this card will be hard to part with (ok! not so hard).
I googled boat images and found one that I liked, I cut it out by hand and pieced it to creat the boat. I used this cute button that has been in my stash for like 8 years  (seriously) that was too cute I could never find the perfect project for it. I had to add something quilled hence the waves. I also added some blue rhinestones to bring on a bit of shine. The sentiment was stamped on white paper and framed on the same handmade paper from the last card.
Enjoy my card.
Here is a close up of the button. Isn't it lovely?
I will be sharing my card to these challenges.
Woodware USA- clean and simple.
Stamping sisters in Christ- paper piecing.
Basic grey challenges- something recycled (paper).
Thanks for reading.

6 comments:

  1. This is so sweet -- your friend is going to love it! And, the quilling is awesome!! Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww so adorable!,it's cool that you have a button to go with it!
    Paula

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet baby card!! Love the paper piecing!! Thanks for joining us this week over at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great baby boy card. So sweet! Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is adorable. Especially love how you added the paper-quilled waves. Thanks for joining us this week at Woodware USA!

    ReplyDelete