Monday, November 15, 2010

Roses for a friend.

I hate Mondays, especially this Monday. I had a fun weekend. Visiting friends, friends and some more friends. Visiting my sister at her campus, crafting then waking up to a Monday- snooze. It's like the day after Christmas, or your birthday. I have a hangover (not from drinking- I don't do that) but from enjoying myself and now it's back to work. Good thing I will only be at the office for a few hours this week otherwise am off on field work.
I made a card for my friend Sheila to wish her luck in her studies. I got a chance to use my new scallop scissors. I have been up and down Nairobi looking for a pair of these then when I had just given up I found a shop that had one pair remaining.
I made the paper roses  and I am quite in love with this card, am happy she loved it.
I posted my card at the Sketches4all forum.
I will submit it for the following challenges:-
One stitch at a time- your favorite colors.
Paper sundaes challenge- Two toppings- butterfly punch and the color blue.
Ellephantastic challenges- butterfly.
Crafty Emma's challenge- think pink.
Ai factory challenges- punch
Sassy studio designs- anything goes.
If the shoe fits scrap it- DIY embellishments.
Moving along with the times- nice and bright.
Sew many cards- blue and white.
Prairie Fairy designs- make your own flowers.
My time to craft challenges- Rhapsody of roses.
Cute card Thursday- anything goes.
Tiptop Tuesday- use a sentiment.
Little red wagon- do it in 3's(roses).
The crazy challenge-things with wings (butterflies).
Dutch dare  card challenge- clean and simple
 Thanks for reading and do leave a comment, I love those.
NOTE: Amy Jo asked me to tell how I made the paper roses. I used this tutorial by the lovely Ann Martin.

29 comments:

  1. What a sweet card, those roses are gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at Ellephantastic this week and hope to see you at the next challenge. Jill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your roses.Thanks forplaying with us this week at SMC

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those roses. Can you tell me how you did them? http://lv2scrapandfibrofacts.blogspot.com/ or amyjrockstar@gmail.com

    TFS! XO ~ Amy Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie, fab card, love your roses and leaves! Hope your Monday flies by quickly! Thanks for taking part in this fortnights Ellephantastic challenge.
    hugs
    Michelle
    Elle DT
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card Jackie love the flowers and the gorgeous design. Thank you for joining us over at Sew Many Cards

    Hugs Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love those quilled flowers. Thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jackie, your roses and card are lovely! Thanks so much for linking to the tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty card, love your roses. Thanks for playing along with SSD!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the roses and they make the card just wonderful. Thanks for joining us at Top Tip Tuesday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. such a pretty card, those rose are awesome.
    Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.

    Fi

    ReplyDelete
  11. such pretty roses and I am so happy for you on finding your scissors! Such a lovely card! Thank you for playing with us at AiFactory this week! Check out our DT call!

    ReplyDelete
  12. omg you are so cute. hope your hangover feeling is gone! Glad you found your scissors! Score!!! and those are absoutley fabulous flowers. I'm sure she loved the card. Thanks for being creative and making your own flowers with the fairies this week at FFF! Hope to see you at the next challenge as well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on the Sew Many Cards challenge. Love your colors, please be sure to come back and join us again.

    Laralee DT

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a lovely design!
    Thanks for join us at SEW MANY Challenges.
    ~~darling Ho~~ SMC DT

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous colours, and beautiful roses too!

    Thanks for sharing your favourites with us at One Stitch at a Time this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card! I love the roses.
    Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic.
    hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your flowers- thanks for playing with us at LRW

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your flowers are wonderful! Good on you for finding the scissors! Thanks for playing at Paper Sundaes this week!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Such a sweet card - your flowers are beautiful - isn't if fun to make your own? Glad to hear you found the scissors you wanted - they cut such a pretty border! So happy you could join in the fun wish us this fortnight at Fairy Fun Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  20. So pretty and gorgeous flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at CES Challenges and good luck.
    Hugs Emma x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love those roses!! Such a pretty card! Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this time for our colour challenge and good luck, love Jacky x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hiya, WOW this is brilliant for our nice and bright challenge.
    Thanks for joining in with us on MAWTT this week,
    Hazelxox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Stunning card. I love the flowers. Thanks for joing us at DDCC. Hugz xxx
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  24. Very elegant card...love your flowers.....so pleased that you found your scissors.....thanks for playing with Fairy Fun Friday's challenge Make your own flower and with OSAAT's fav colour challenge!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  25. gorgeous! your roses are amazing! Thanks for joining us at If the Shoe fits....SCRAP IT!

    ReplyDelete
  26. thank you so much for the sweet comment on my blog!!! your cards are darling, and your quilling is beautiful! i've never tried that before but I've always thought about it!

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a lovely card those roses are fab! thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic. Best of luck. Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  28. i browsed through your most recent cards. they are all lovely!

    ReplyDelete