Wednesday, October 13, 2010

S'more quilling!

Am still excited about this quilling thing and I have been on a roll (pun intended!) making paper flowers and stuff. So excuse the flowery mess.
Plus I needed an excuse to use my new butterfly punch and went all crazy with the butterflies and flowers.
All I needed was some more inspiration and of course Stamping 411 had a lovely sketch this week. The sentiment is partially hidden by the flowers but it says "A beautiful angel". To make the butterflies pop out I glued on one wing and raised the other one slightly.
This card is for a friend who delivered a baby last week and I will be sending it along with some other hand made goodies- time to oil the sewing machine.

Up close:
Am sorry for the shadows.
Me and my flowers will be attending the following parties:
Stamping 411 Sketch challenge # 72.
Tuesday taggers- more than two legs.
Craftalicious- anything goes
The crafty pad-Anything for a friend.
Flutter by Wednesdays- Butterfly.
Stamp something- Something punchy.
Ellephantastic challenges- anything goes
Thanks for looking and enjoy.

13 comments:

  1. Wow, now that takes some skill! Gorgeous job with the challenge and the quilling!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi This is a lovely card thanks for joining us at the crafty pad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty, I love the look of quilling!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jackie -- this is such a beautiful card! You have inspired me! Great job with the sketch this week! Thanks so much for playing along with the Stamping 411 Operators! Keep up the great work -- Happy Stamping! blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! What beautiful creations u got here! They are sooo lovely! So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Jackie...you have some inspiring work here..
    please pm me at http://sketchesforyou.ning.com
    you are member there...but I want to aks you something.
    have a great weekend,

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've always been intrigued by quilling! Some day, maybe i'll try it. Absolutely gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card! I love the little butterflies. Thank you for joining us at Ellephantastic challenges this week! :)

    Hugs, Vanja

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great quilling. My memory of quilling is getting rather annoyed & irritated as a kid because I couldn't get it to work!! Thank you for playing along with Ellephantastic this week.
    Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful work! Thank you for playing at The Crafty Pad xx Hugs Tina xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very pretty! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The flowers look fabulous, and of course I love the sweet little butterflies! Thanks so much for joing us for this week's FBW challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sorry had no chance to visit your blog earlier, been soooooooo busy. It's brill for more than 2 legs. Thanks playing along with TT
    hugs
    Ildiko

    ReplyDelete