Saturday, October 16, 2010

Roses are red.

After the tenth attempt at making roses I was ready to give up. Then I chanced upon this tutorial and well there was no stopping me.
When I saw this lovely sketch by Danette of the Sketches4all forum I knew where my roses were headed.
So I folded and glued all evening yesterday and this is what I came up with;
Up close.
I cut up an old envelope into 1 cm strips and made the roses then punched out some leaves with a leaf punch. It looks complicated but is quite easy, very easy and they stick well to paper with regular glue stick.
My card will be part of these challenges;-
Scrapbook sisters- flower power.
Paper Cutz challenge # 63- anything goes.
The ABC Challenge- F is for................ flowers.
Other lovelies challenge- G is for...........green.
Polka doodles- make your own embellishment.
paper take weekly- 3 of a kind ( layers).
Tuesday throwback- 3 of something (layers).

On a down side, I have a weeks worth of family laundry to do today ( by hand- yes, we still do our laundry by hand and hang it out in the sun).
Lastly, can you guess what this is (duh, a pumpkin) but would you guess it is a CAKE! Check out Ashlee's amazing work.

Image from I'm topsy turvy
That said, thanks for visiting and drop me a note, I love your feedback.

15 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining Polkadoodles challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful roses! thanks for playing at Paper Cutz!
    melissa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackie, your roses are fabulous! Thank you for joining us at PTW this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Jackie. I love those roses they look wonderful on your card!! Thanks for joining us at TT this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The roses are exquisite! thanks for playing along with other lovelies thoughtful thursdays challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering the Polkadoodle Challenge - hope you can join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful card .Many thanks for taking part in our Challenge.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jackie, fab card - love it.

    Thanks for visiting and leaving a lovely comment on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card. Thanks for taking part in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your roses are lovely! I'm so glad the tutorial was helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really beautiful project.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at Polka Doodles this week and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your roses turned out great! So beautiful! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jackie, love the roses, thanks for joining us at Polkadoodles this week,
    Em.x

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful flowers! Fantastic! Beautiful card! Thanks so much for sharing your project with us at Polka Doodles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful flowers.
    Thanks for joining us at ABC.
    Hugs
    Clare
    x

    ReplyDelete