Sunday, October 10, 2010

Learning to quill paper

This is definitely new- only to me that is. Apparently Quilling has been around for very long but I heard of it just the other day and decided to give it a go.
I played along with the lovely sketch provided by the ever inspirational ladies of  ICS  which gave me a chance to try out my newbie quilling skills.
I used a lot of red paper and couldn't resist using the "Love you" clear stamp (is red officially the colour of love or is it just me?).
Of course I had to play around with several shapes. Am happy because now I can make my own flowers especially roses or interesting stuff like this quilled butterfly!
I used stuff that was already lying around in the house, my paper cutter, colored paper (from recycled envelopes) , a tooth pick and some glue. Yay for cheap!
My card also fit in the following challenges:-
ICS- Sketch #86
CCEE Stampers- Flower power.
Crafty Ho's Challenge- red, green and brown.
Delightful challenges- Red green and white.
Thank you for reading and have a happy, creative week.

16 comments:

  1. Wow what a great card. Loving the quilling, I have tried this and I couldn't do it. Many thanks for joining us again at ICS. Nicola xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your quilled flower! Thanks for taking part in the ICS challenge this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this card and the quilling is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Delightful Challenges.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jackie
    A beautiful card,love the quilling,thankyou for joining us at Delightful Challenge
    Hugs Dianne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, that is so clever, many thanks for joining in the CCT challenge, hugs Debx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card! Thanks so much for joining us at Delightful Challenges, and hope to see you back again!
    hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card!! thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
    hugs,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  8. your quilling is great.I also tried it and enjoyed it but my skill level and patience level were not very high.
    Have joined your blog as a follower so we can stay in touch.
    you are certainly very lucky with your wins!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card, your paper quilling looks amazing. Thanks for playing along with us at Delightful Challenges.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohhhhh!! I've always wanted to learn how to paper quill. Your flowers are super charming!! Thanks for joining our CCEE challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. HOLY COW!!! You actually made your own 3D embellishments!!! You need to write a tutorial now. . .;) Thanks so much for working the corner with The Crafty Hos! :D MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job on the quilling! i'm glad you enjoyed my series about quilling... it looks like you've been making quite a bit now, it's so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I wish we lived close, as I would love to learn how to do this. So cute!!!! Thanks for playing along with the Crafty Hos.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice card. I'm so glad you played along with us at the Crafty Ho's!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely card! How fun to add a new touch to cardmaking... love the quilling!

    Thank you for participating in the Crafty Ho Color Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete