Monday, September 27, 2010

Celebration and sewing.

Happy monday!
I made a card using another sketch from card patterns blog.

Their sketch #82 was very lovely.
I tried to be minimal on this one and I like the end result.
My card also fits in with this weeks card challenge at Florishes. The theme was celebrate. I think I just did and may make a birthday card tonight with their theme.
 I also had sometime this weekend to sew for my son. I made him a shirt using this tutorial from my favorite sewing blog Made. Forgive the awful, awful taken-in-the-dark-with-a- fidgety-baby- picture, The boy and the shirt quite a handsome pair.
The 90- minute Shirt.
I used some cream knit fabric and grey ribbing for the neck. Now a quick question, I have been seeing a lot of blogs celebrating the Fall theme, can you tell me what are the colours of fall? patterns?
I live in the right on the equator and basically as far as seasons go its either hot (most of the year), or cold and raining from around July to September.
Enjoy and thanks for looking.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jackie,

    You have the same name as my youngest sister. What a sweet and cute card! The shirt you made is just fab. You son is sooo cute! Thx for letting me know about Mr. Linky not working for my blog candy. It seems to be back up and running now so pls shop by and enter your name for a chance to win the candy. You have a fab day!

    xoxo,
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Jackie , thanks for visiting my blog.
    This is a lovely card , will be back again to look at your work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet! Thanks for playing this week at Card Patterns. :)

    ReplyDelete