|gaping neck, bust points too high.|
Being a test garment I made it from a cotton bedsheet and sewed only the bodice since that where I have most fitting issues. I did not bother with facings or lining. I finished all edges with bias tape.
I made several mistakes with this top and I will make changes accordingly in my final garment.
|Waist is too tight.|
- I did not staystitch the neckline. Being a V neck, the edges are on the bias and this is gaping like crazy!! To make it worse I stretched the neckline when sewing the bias edging and made it worse. Point to note: STAY-STICH.
- Burda size 42 is a waist of 30 so this top is a bit tight on the waist, I will go up a size in my final garment.
- I put in a side zipper rather than a back zipper and did not match up the side seams well.
- Stiff cotton is not the right fabric for this pattern but since I was testing out the pattern, I did not want to waste good fabric.
- Bust points are too high.
At least this was made from a 100 bob bedsheet so no loss plus I enjoyed sewing it so I guess its ok
I have worn this top in its messy state though and had no-one call me out for the faults, infact I have had two co-workers ask me where I bought it.
I am still feeling this pattern and I hope to make it up in the right fabric and the right size.
Check out Pinterest for various projects that have made from this issue.
Thanks for reading.